- Offers & Rewards
- About Us
Accessibility Commitment Statement
Accessibility for All
Listowel Ford is committed to serving all customers including those with limitations and disabilities with the respect and dignity they deserve. We believe in equal opportunity for all; this means all customers will receive their goods and services with the same standards of excellence; regardless of limitations and disabilities. We are committed to remove and prevent barriers to ensure accessibility for all visitors, customers and staff members.
Our business is committed to making our facility and its services available for all. Meeting all the regulations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. This commitment statement outlines the steps Listowel Chrysler is taking to meet those requirements and to improve opportunities for the people with limitations and disabilities.
Information and Communication
Listowel Ford is committed to making our information and communications accessible to people with limitations and disabilities in ways that take into account their limitations and disabilities.
Listowel Ford is committed to providing accessible customer service to people with limitations and disabilities. What that means, is that we will provide goods and services to people with limitations and disabilities with the timeliness and quality as all others.
Listowel Ford will:
- Provide copies of our standards upon request, ensuring that the format is accessible;
- Ensure that our products and services are accessible and meet a high standard of quality;
- Ensure that all visitors and customers are provided with appropriate feedback mechanisms in a variety of manners, and have the ability to contact Listowel Chrysler regarding concerns;
- Only collect and use customer information in a lawful manner that protects the privacy of our customers, and is compliant with applicable privacy legislation;
- Ensure that our facilities, products, and services are accessible to persons with limitations or disabilities; and
- Provide employees with appropriate customer service training to ensure the consistent delivery of exceptional service.
Listowel Ford is committed to providing accessibility across all stages of the employment lifecycle by removing barriers and creating a workplace that is accessible to all job candidates and employees. When scheduling interviews, we will notify potential hires that accommodations can be made during recruitment.
Where needed, we will provide customized accommodation plans, as well as emergency information to help employees with a disability during an emergency.
Listowel Ford is committed to training staff in Ontario’s accessibility laws and aspects of the Ontario Human Rights Code that relate to persons with disabilities. We will ensure our staff is trained on accessibility as it relates to their specific roles.
Training will be provided to:
- All employees who deal with the public on behalf of Listowel Ford; and
- Those who are involved in the development and approval of customer service policies, practices, and procedures.
Training will cover the following:
- A review of the purpose of the accessibility for Ontarians with Limitations and disabilities Act, 2005;
- A review of the purpose of the requirements of the Accessibility Standard for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07;
- Instructions on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of limitations and disabilities;
- Instructions on what to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing our services; and
- Instructions on how to use equipment or devices that are available at our premises or that we provide which may help people with limitations and disabilities;
Instructions on how to interact with people with limitations and disabilities who:
- Use assistive devices;
- Require the assistance of a guide dog, or other service animal; or
- Require the use of a support person
Design of Public Spaces
Listowel Ford will meet accessibility laws when building or making major changes to public spaces.
Listowel Ford will do everything reasonable to prevent service disruption to the accessibility parts of our public spaces.
Notice of Disruption in Service
Disruption to our facility may occur due to reasons that may or may not be within the control or knowledge of Listowel Ford. In the event of any temporary disruptions to facilities or services, reasonable efforts will be made to provide advance notice to all customers. In some circumstances, such as in the situation of unplanned temporary disruptions, advance notice may not be possible.
If a notification needs to be posted, it will be posted at Health and Safety Board & at https://www.listowelford.com/en and the following information will be included unless it is not readily available or known:
- Goods or services that are disrupted or unavailable;
- Reason for the disruption;
- Anticipated duration; and
- A description of alternative services or options.
Listowel Ford shall provide customers with the opportunity to provide feedback on the services provided to all visitors and customers.
Customers can submit feedback to the dealership in a variety of ways such as by postal service, emails, or a phone call. Customers who provide formal feedback will receive acknowledgement of their feedback, based on concerns or complaints that were submitted.
We ensure our feedback process is accessible to people with disabilities by providing or arranging for accessible formats and communication supports, on request
For More Information
For more information regarding this accessibility plan or to request communication in an accessible format and provide feedback, please contact Listowel Ford at (519)-291-3520 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at 1199 Wallace Ave N, Listowel, On, N4W 3J1
The length of time it will take to provide information in alternative formats will depend on the format requested, however, every effort will be made to process requests in a timely fashion.
We will provide these documents in an accessible format or with communication support, on request. We will consult with the person making the request to determine the suitability of the format or communication support. We will provide the accessible format in a timely manner and, at no additional cost.